Crystal Therapy uses semi-precious and precious stones to enhance mental, spiritual and physical healing.
It is based on the belief that certain crystals and gems possess a powerful energy that can positively affect imbalances in human and animal energy fields and thus promote health and well-being.
Listed are some of the Chakras (energy points) and relevant stones that may be used for healing:
- Root Chakra (Base Chakra) - Black Tourmaline, Red Jasper, Bloodstone
- Second Chakra (Sacral Chakra)) – Yellow Jasper, Citrine, Carnelian
- Third Chakra (Solar Plexus) – Citrine, Amber, Tiger's eye
- Fourth Chakra (Heart) – Rose Quartz, Sunstone, Fluorite, Malachite
- Fifth Chakra (Throat) – Aquamarine, Lapis Lazuli, Celestite
- Sixth Chakra (Third Eye) – Blue Sapphire, Ametrine, Sodalite
- Seventh Chakra (Crown) – Clear Quartz, Selenite, Amethyst
During a Crystal Therapy session crystals are placed on or around the animal(s) body. Crystal Therapy can be deeply relaxing and can initiate the release of physical and emotional blockages.
With horses I usually use a combination of Reiki and Crystals during healing, as I find they respond really quickly to the treatment. Crystal Therapy for horses can be deeply relaxing and can initiate the release of physical and emotional blockages.